Tuesday, April 14, 2015

San Francisco Sunshine

After the long weekend we spent in San Francisco, Tucson feels very small.
*****
Doesn't this look like a bank?
Our banks are in the corners of parking lots, 
and there's no way to distinguish them from the drive-thru taco shops except for the signs.
Those pillars are bank-like.
*****
I met up with Miss Nancy at The Ferry Building.
Sharon McCone always comes to mind when I'm walking in that neighborhood;
Marcia Muller's detective always seems to be walking out of her office at the end of the pier.
*****
Now, it's a much trendier space than that occupied by McCone Investigations, Inc.  
I waited in front of this sign.
Inside, there were Pig Parts and Slow Fast Food and Creamery Girl cheeses.  
There were oysters and crabs, coffee roasteries and bakeries.
Some of it was do it yourself.
*****
There was more, much much more, denizens, but traveling has left me exhausted and in need of some time alone with my roses. 

So, I will leave you with this quote from an exhibit at The Exploratorium
and its proof:
hat and onesie courtesy of MOTG and Gr'mu

6 comments:

  1. I think Marcia Muller finally had Sharon move out of the pier, as everything was getting more yuppy. Glad you got to enjoy it. The baby's outfit is simply fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she did, Barbara... but it seems she left some of herself behind :)
      I do believe that anything that child puts on becomes fab with her in it!
      a/b

      Delete
  2. What a little beauty. I'm sure your family has noticed the resemblance between FJ and her maternal great G'ma. Thanks for posting her pic and the ones of my favorite city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see Gr'ma in FlapJilly? Where?!?!?! Except for certain facial expressions - which are priceless - I find nothing of my side at all.
      a/b

      Delete
    2. Something about their eyes shows the resemblance to me when I look at one of the young pics of G'ma that you posted long ago. Good lookers!

      Delete
    3. <3 <3
      I'm going to see that forever, now that you've put the thought in my head <3
      THANK YOU!
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!